Saturday, December 6, 2008

Independent Retailer by Carolyn Weise

Independent Retailer by Carolyn Weise
http://www.microbelift.com/

What's all the hoopla about independent reatails?

I mean, what's the difference if we buy from a large box store a small Ma & Pa store in town? We're looking for bargains, right? We're looking for the best bang for the buck, you're darned right. When it comes to my pets, especially my koi, these days I am looking for real value and honest workmanship. I want to buy something that will stand up to weather, time and whatever else I can throw at it in the course of my hobby.

My purchases need to be more than inexpensive, they need to be durable. They need to be backed by knowledgeable vendors who just might care about me and my purchase. It's not enough to have the salesman smile at me when I pay for items. I want them to talk to me like I matter! I love it when they know my family. I'm not going to be "cheated" by friends who care.

If I return an item and tell them it didn't work for me, I want them to figure out why, not just give me the money back.

I want to know if its something I did wrong or if there is a better product to use. Sometimes, if rushed to make a purchase, or if there isn't a sales assistant at hand, as i most big box stores. I will buy the wrong thing. But having a sales person who knows my hobby and is familiar with his stock, I am in safe hands. He will recommend something that has worked for him, personally.

That's the difference - and the value - I am looking for in an Independent Retail Store!"

No comments: