Friday, January 30, 2009

Local dry cleaners offers green service

In my desperation to unload my ever-growing dry clean only monster (and hang on to my credit score), I zipped around town looking for a solution. There just aren't many choices that suit my -ahem- frugal nature. And I am NOT carting the pile all the way over the Skyway to find a cheaper cleaners in Pinellas.
And just as I was about to give up, and resign myself to the fact that we were going to have to build on an addition to house the mess, I found Ellenton Cleaners. By accident. I was turning around in their parking lot and came face to face with their sign. Funny how things happen that way.
So I dashed in to check their prices, and got another surprise: They are green! The Ellenton Cleaners is completely toxic solvent free and safe for the environment. I have no idea how they do it, but they're very proud of it. Anything environmentally friendly scores huge point with me.
I braced myself for the price quote, but was surprised to find them very reasonable. And a two-day turnaround on that whole pile. Works for me! Fast, cheap and green. Now what more could I ask for?
The Ellenton Cleaners is tucked away next to a florist at 1218 36th Avenue East (which is Ellenton-Gillette Road). The Patel family opened it two years ago, and has been quietly providing this cleaner, greener, fresher dry cleaning service to Ellenton right under my nose.
They also keep good hours: Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. through 7 p.m., Wednesdays until 6 p.m. Saturdays they're open 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. (941) 722-6291.
They have lots of other services besides dry cleaner, I'm told. They boast expert stain removal, and also garment preservation.

No comments: