Thursday, June 25, 2009

An airing of daily grievances

Occasionally, things that happen in this world aggravate me.

I know, it's hard to believe. But in the bliss of all the shopping, and blogging and working and such, things crop up that really poop in my cornflakes. And if I don't sound off about them, I will explode, and it won't be pretty.

So here's a tentative list of what's under my skin today (in no particular order):

That commercial where it's raining shies from the sky in the perfect size. Why can't that really happen?

Road rage. O.K., I'm in the left hand lane doing 80 mph and people are on my bumper. Honestly, where's the fire?

Michael Jackson. A pedophile dies. Hmmm, seems like karma to me.

The fact that NO ONE will admit that the damage that happened in St. Pete during Tuesday night's storm was from a tornado! I was on duty, I was there! Debris was swirling! Hello?

Gas prices. They lied when they said they were going down.

Hav-A Tampa Cigars' demise. A Tampa Bay area landmark becomes the economy's latest victim.

People that breed all of these poor animals and then can't take care of them. Two cases this week alone in our area of animal neglect and abuse.

More empty store fronts, standing like tombstones.

The expression, "At the end of the day, (fill in whatever here)." If I hear it again, I'm running away.

The new Lexus IS-250 C series convertible. I'm aggravated that I can't have one.


There! I feel so much better, now. Thanks for listening! Tomorrow, I'm going to check out the Ellenton Cafe. A little birdie told me they have great coffee and homemade pie. I'll let you all know how it is!

No comments: