Monday, September 15, 2008

How to choose the right wine

OK, so I was invited to a dinner party. I asked what I could bring and the host suggested wine. Well, I don't know much about wine, other than it can be pretty potent. So, I find out what is being served and start doing some research on the Internet.
If there is anyone else out there that has been confronted with this type of dilemma here are some clues:
The first suggestion I found was to pair heavier more robust food with a heartier wine and vice-versa. The reason you should not have a heavier wine with, let's say fish, is that the wine could overpower the taste of the fish.
And of course my dinner was going to be chicken. So I had to do some more research. I did find that for chicken it was actually suggested to use a Chardonnay. Off I go to the wine store (an independent one, of course.)
Hope this helps someone! Wish me luck.

Your Local Shopper

Jenn
www.localshops1.com

No comments: