Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Saving face (make-up tips for the summer)

Well, I was out all day on Monday, doing my shopping. Stopped to get a bite for lunch and went into the bathroom to wash my hands and when I looked in the mirror I was shocked ... all my make up was GONE! There was literally nothing left.

If you are like me and spend at least 15 minutes in the morning getting all dolled up, then you understand what I was going through. I did some research on how to keep that beautiful face going all day and here is what I found. And since we are in Florida, you can use this info almost all year round.

#1 have an oil blotter handy. They will keep you fresh and will not take off your make up. But if you are desperate I have found that a light tissue does a good job too.

#2 use a make up primer on your face instead of lotion. This will keep the make up in place and suck up all the extra oil that could be on your face.

#3 ALWAYS, apply powder after you put on your foundation. This too will help to get that extra oil.

and finally #4 keep it light!!!! Don't go crazy with the make-up. Go easy on the products and you will do great!

I hope this helps some of you out, I know the next time I head out for a full day of shopping in this beautiful Florida weather I will heed the experts advice. Good luck shopping and if you are having a problem deciding on which stores to go to, why not try going to an independently owned store. Support your neighborhoods. Check out our site for some help. www.localshops1.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Usefull information any suggestions for dry skin

local shopper jenn said...

Thank you, I'm glad you can use some of the info I left. I did some more research for you and I did find a few tips for dry skin. First I would suggest using a good moisturizer, made for dry skin. Also, when using the moisturizer in the morning, leave it on for at least 15 minutes before applying your foundation. Second, when using foundation, go for the liquid kind and make sure it is has a high moisture content. Third, when buying any make up, please try to make sure that it states that it is for dry skin. It seems as though most of the make up out there assumes everyone has oily skin cause the products can really dry you out. Fourth, try not to use any powders for the purpose of removing shine. You can use the oil blotters if you ever have an issue with shine. And finally, there are some mineral sprays out there that can are used as make up "finishers". It moisturizes your skin while giving you that "dewy" look. I hope that helps you out.