Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Beauty tricks you can try at home

A friend and I were having a “girls” day last weekend, and she brought something to my attention. She came over while I was getting ready and she said I had a lot of neat little tricks that I used that she had not seen before. So I was thinking ... maybe I should put some of them on my blog!! So here you guys go, hope they help you, too.

#1 Make your hair smell awesome all day. I take my perfume, spray just a little into the bristles of my hairbrush and brush it through my whole head. (if you are going to style your hair, do this when it is still wet) Now I started doing this a long time ago, when I worked outside a lot, because there is nothing worse than that outside matted hair smell.

#2 Keep away that “stiff” look from hairspray. When I am finished blow-drying and styling, the last thing I do is spray some hair spray on my brush and run it through my hair one last time. The hair spray still does its job, just without that plastered down look.

#3 Dry out that pimple quick. For those unfortunate times when you have that stray pimple pop up at the most inopportune time you can use any toothpaste to calm it down. Put it on the pimple directly and let it sit for a few minutes, up to 15 if you have the time. Then wash normally. There is something in that stuff that will dry it out nicely.

#4 Make your clothes smell nice. Have you ever received some of those really pretty soaps that you just can’t use? My mom used to give them to me every Christmas and they would just sit in the box in my closet. Well, she gave me a good idea on what to do with them since I am just not the “guest” soap type of person. Put them in your undie drawer, she says to me. Well, I took it one step further and put it in my nighty drawer, my shirt drawer and every other drawer I have. It makes clothes smell awesome! So instead of spending all that money on cachets ... you can buy these really cheap almost anywhere.

#5 Shave without shaving cream. Another tip my mother gave me was to use hair conditioner instead of shaving cream. I had run out one day and she suggested it to me. I was a bit leery at first, but it worked amazingly. And another thing you get is nice smooth legs. If you’re like me, some of the shaving creams seemed to leave my legs a bit dry. Not so with the the conditioner. You wont be disappointed.


If anyone wants to share some cool tricks they use, you can post a comment, or send them to me, and I would be happy to post them.

Your Local Shopper
Jenn
www.localshops1.com

No comments: