Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Awesome wings at a British pub? God Save the Queen!!

My quest for Tampa Bay's Best Hotwings has taken me to quite a few interesting spots. Some good, some not so good. Hey, I'm picky about my wings, what can I say? I'm hard to please, but at least I admit it...

So I was blown away by the unbelievably huge, saucy, yummy wings at Mike & Lisa's Cricketers pub in Dunedin. Great wings at an authentic British pub! Who knew! Shame on you Dunedin people for keeping this place a secret.

This little neighborhood pub and eatery on the Dunedin Causeway is known for their fish & chips, and for their loooong selection of beers. My sister's smiling face is among the locals that flood in for a great bite to eat, and a place to kickback and relax. They also have some cool events there, she tells me.

But the biggest event for me was these wings! When I can smell them before they're even at the table, you know that means the wings are spectacular. These beauties are more than a mouthful, and are saucy but not breaded. (The drumsticks and wings are separated at the joint, thank you very much.)

You need lots of napkins for these. And the price was just right, too: 10 wings for $7.50. You can get them mild, medium, and hold-on-to-your-hat hot. They also make them jerk, teriyaki and BBQ if this is your taste. My taste runs hot, baby, and Cricketer's did not disappoint!

So Mike & Lisa's Cricketers pub and eatery earns a spot on my Tampa Bay's Best Hotwings list. But of course, please go judge for yourself! You can find them at 2634 Bayshore Blvd. in Dunedin, open daily from 11 a.m. to 2 a.m. Their website is http://www.cricketerspub.com/.

I have no idea where this tour takes me next ... stay tuned!

3 comments:

LocalShops1.com said...

Wow, cool! I've never ordered wings at a British pub, but I think now I might!

Thanks for finding such a great place -- I added the restaurant to our listings on www.localshops1.com (the area's best guide of locally owned, independent places, of course!)

Laura - Dining Review Tampa said...

I didn't have the wings, I had the fish n' chips, but I agree this place is awesome! Check out the review I did on them.
http://www.diningreviewtampa.com/cricketers.html

LocalShops1.com said...

Maybe I'll check it out this weekend! And great tip on the restaurants.com certificate to get $20 meal for half price! Thanks, Leah and Laura.