Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Halloween Tips for Pets

I have a fondness for black cats, so I have pretty much had one all of my life. So when Halloween and even Friday the 13th roll around I am extra cautious. I have heard horror stories about what some horrible people can do to animals just for fun. So I thought it would be good to spread the word. Looking around on the Internet I found a site that has some pretty useful information...www.halloween-online.com is the link that I found. Here are some quick tips...

#1 First and foremost, try to keep your pet inside the night before Halloween, sometimes called "Hell Night" and on Halloween itself. If you cant bring them inside your home maybe put them in your garage or patio?

#2 Do not feed your pet any candy! It is lethal to most animals.

#3 Be careful where you put a lit pumpkin, or any candle for that matter. An animal can rub up against it and it would be a mess and possibly cause a fire. That one I learned the hard way a long time ago. :)

There are a bunch more tips if you want to check them out. But mostly just use common sense and keep the happiness and wellness of your pet in mind. I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe Halloween!

Your Local Shopper

Jenn
localshops1.com

1 comment:

LocalShops1.com said...

An interesting note: Yesterday I was talking with people over at Friends of Strays in St. Pete, and they told me that in October they won't let anyone adopt a black cat. That's to prevent psychos who might want to adopt a black cat to use as a prank.

So, the shelter is packed with black cats this time of year. If you're looking to adopt one, next month is a good time to find one.

This is their Web site: http://friendsofstrays.org/

Not sure if this is the case with other shelters, but I expect it might be ....