Friday, October 24, 2008

Stanley is hitting the town!

All this talk about Halloween and pets has goaded me into making a confession:

I’m dressing up the dog for trick or treating.

Yes, I’m one of those people. I have no kids, only a Shih Tzu that acts like a small child. Stanley, or ‘Sir Stan Bumley’ as his AKC papers read, is the king of the house. He has no manners, he has no discipline, he has no social skills.

So I figured, hey! Why not take that out on the road? Last year I dressed him as Dogzilla and we answered the door and handed out candy to people that belly laughed over the angry look on his face. This year, I got him a big, purple monkey costume and we are taking to the streets.

When I tried the costume on him the other day, he got stiff like he was having a seizure, then lay down on his side and refused to move. My husband told me that Stan has enough emotional problems and does not need the added stress of looking ridiculous.

I don’t care. We’re going! After all, who’s in charge here, me or the dog? (O.K., it’s the dog, but we’re still trick or treating!)

When I capture this monumental event on film, I’ll post it here so that the world can laugh… at me.

No comments: