Thursday, October 16, 2008

Cleaning up a mess

This past weekend I had some family in town, with dogs. It was wonderful to see my family, but with the large dog ... not so much. I have 2 cats at home so they weren't too happy about it, either.

But the biggest problem I found, besides the screaming cats, was the mess a dog can leave behind. I have a lighter colored carpet and at one point the dog had gotten his dirty little paws on the carpet, with mud! I was not happy, but I did find a little bit of info on cleaning it up.

I, of course, looked at our local news stations website, baynews9.com, and found something pretty interesting. I wanted to clean the mess up as quickly as possible, but according to Mrs. Fixit, it is best to let it sit and dry. Once it dries you can just get a broom and brush it til it breaks up and then vacuum it.

Well, I tried it and it worked wonderfully. You can't even tell there was anything on it at all. I just wanted to share this with everyone because I was amazed. :)

Your Local Shopper

Jenn
localshops1

No comments: