Friday, October 17, 2008

On the hunt for hot wings!

I’m the kind of girl who prefers good bar food to a 5-star culinary masterpiece any day. I’m just not the fois gras type. And who the heck knows what wine goes with what today anyway?

I can put on a gown and diamond studs, go to some event, and within 10 minutes my slingbacks are under the chair, my hair’s down and I’m looking for a nice plate of …

Hot wings.

Yep. Tough to be glam when your chin’s dripping red sauce and your manicure is greasy. Not to mention the breading stuck to my hair.

So, I consider myself to be quite the hot wing connoisseur, since I get them wherever I go. But recently, I’ve had my expertise challenged by a couple of friends who in were in quite a brouhaha over just who has the best wings. Their choices were the place with the, uh, owl on the logo and the house where they boast that they, um, serve ‘em naked.

Since these friends are male, I countered that they’re rating a couple of other things than the quality of the wings.

To make a long story short, I am on a mission. For the next few weeks, I’m officially on the hunt for the area’s Best Hot Wings. I’ll be sampling at every mom’n’pop nook and hole-in-the-wall pub around. I’ve got plenty of wet naps and a bunch of antacid. It’s a dirty job, but hey, someone’s got to do it.

Suggestions are welcome. No jacket or tie required.

2 comments:

Laura - Dining Review Tampa said...

Good luck on your hunt...can't wait to hear the results!

local shopper jenn said...

I am a wing fan also, and I have had a lot of luck with the hot wings at The Stadium in New Port Richey. The address is 2349 Seven Springs Boulevard, New Port Richey, FL 34655, phone is 727-372-8168. Now, I dont like them super hot, but they sure are tasty! Good Luck